Front-End Developer (Remote, based in Riga)
Front-End Developer (Remote, based in Latvia)
Solving a Problem
Insurance – we all need it, most people are confused by it and few really “get it”. While most other things are now super easy to buy and handle online, insurance is still a nightmare.
Existing legacy IT-systems stifle insurer innovation, meaning they can’t build new products quickly, offer them in digital channels, integrate cool new services or data, and test what works and what doesn’t, effectively.
KASKO offers an end-to-end insurance platform allowing insurers to build, run and continuously optimise digital insurance products in any distribution channel quickly, cost-effectively and flexibly.
Thus, we empower the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry to embark on the digital revolution that other industries have gone through already. We allow insurers to build better products for consumers and to offer those in any channel and ultimately move from a fragmented offline world to a truly global, digital marketplace.
Who We Are
We’re an InsurTech business backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (Backers of: Transfer Wise, Property Partner and Revolut) and Chris Slater (Co-founder Simply Business, 500m exit).
We have an amazing technology platform, clients that are keeping us super busy and a clear vision of where the insurance industry is going and how we can help it get there! But to do that, we need to expand our awesome team.
We’re a diverse bunch from all over the world, with backgrounds in everything from insurance and technology to languages and history and we believe that diversity is what makes us so strong, so everyone has the opportunity to shine, but words a cheap so come and meet us to find out for yourself.
We have a simple technology philosophy. Anything and everything should be automated.
The front-end of our platform is currently built on JS Webapps. The back-end is built entirely on a Microservices architecture.
These together allow us to easily deal with the multitude of complex and different workflows that could go into selling different insurance products in different places.
Currently we get things done with Angular, Typescript, PHP, and AWS, however we don’t limit our selection to these technologies, we believe that a good engineer can rapidly pick up any technology.
We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Software Engineer who’s keen to take on big projects from scratch and shape how this platform and company is built.
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for large areas of delivery. You’ll have the opportunity to build things the way you want to from scratch.
- Strong programming skills and a track record of getting projects done
- A passion for building great software
- Deep understanding of front-end optimization techniques and best practices
- Experience in using automation and build tools (gulp, grunt, webpack)
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as SASS and LESS
- Experience with source code versioning tools (we use Git)
- Nice to have experience with PHP, Node.js, Laravel
- UI/UX skills
- Experience in FinTech
- Github profile you’re proud of
Only as a team can we make our vision a reality. We offer:
- A monthly salary of € 3200 – 4200, before tax
- Stock options so you own part of KASKO
- Unlimited holiday, health insurance, and paid sick leave for your well being
- Flexible working hours and remote working capabilities
- Career development through mentorship and knowledge sharing
Shape the future of KASKO and the entire insurance industry.