Junior QA Engineer (based in Latvia, remote)
Solving a Problem
Insurance – we all need it, most people are confused by it and few really “get it”. While most other things are now super easy to buy and handle online, insurance is still a nightmare.
Existing legacy IT-systems stifle insurer innovation, meaning they can’t build new products quickly, offer them in digital channels, integrate cool new services or data, and test what works and what doesn’t, effectively.
KASKO offers an end-to-end insurance platform allowing insurers to build, run and continuously optimise digital insurance products in any distribution channel quickly, cost-effectively and flexibly.
Thus, we empower the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry to embark on the digital revolution that other industries have gone through already. We allow insurers to build better products for consumers and to offer those in any channel and ultimately move from a fragmented offline world to a truly global, digital marketplace.
Who We Are
We’re an InsurTech business backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (Backers of: Transfer Wise, Property Partner and Revolut) and Chris Slater (Co-founder Simply Business, 500m exit).
We have an amazing technology platform, clients that are keeping us super busy and a clear vision of where the insurance industry is going and how we can help it get there! But to do that, we need to expand our awesome team.
We’re a diverse bunch from all over the world, with backgrounds in everything from insurance and technology to languages and history and we believe that diversity is what makes us so strong, so everyone has the opportunity to shine, but words a cheap so come and meet us to find out for yourself.
We are looking for a Junior QA Engineer with a keen interest to learn and play a significant part in our software development efforts. You will interact with our development and project management teams in order to ensure superb-quality deployments of software enhancements under the mentorship of other QA colleagues. Your tasks will include design, development and execution of manual test cases and test plans based on requirements and technical specifications. You will find, report, and track software bugs, and document all the findings. At a small and growing company, your input and impact will be highly appreciated and you will find your professional progress to be very rewarding.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic testing techniques and principles
- Ability to efficiently manage your workload and meet tight deadlines
- Analytical thinking, attention to details
- A high level of responsibility
- Good English writing and verbal communication skills
- A fast learner with a passion for making things work better
- Experience of using Jira or a similar bug reporting tool
- Previous experience in Testing will be considered as advantage
Only as a team can we make our vision a reality. We offer
- A monthly salary of € 1300 – 1600, before tax
- Stock options so you own part of KASKO
- Unlimited holiday, health insurance, and fully paid sick leave for your well-being
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptop
- Professional development in a fast-paced work environment
Shape the future of KASKO and the entire insurance industry.