Senior PHP Back-End Engineer (Riga)
Senior PHP Back-End Engineer (Riga)
Solving a Problem
Insurance – we all need it, most people are confused by it and few really “get it”. While most other things are now super easy to buy and handle online, insurance is still a nightmare.
Existing legacy IT-systems stifle insurer innovation, meaning they can’t build new products quickly, offer them in digital channels, integrate cool new services or data, and test what works and what doesn’t, effectively.
KASKO offers an end-to-end insurance platform allowing insurers to build, run and continuously optimise digital insurance products in any distribution channel quickly, cost-effectively and flexibly.
Thus, we empower the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry to embark on the digital revolution that other industries have gone through already. We allow insurers to build better products for consumers and to offer those in any channel and ultimately move from a fragmented offline world to a truly global, digital marketplace.
Who We Are
We’re an InsurTech business backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (Backers of: Transfer Wise, Property Partner and Revolut) and Chris Slater (Co-founder Simply Business, 500m exit).
We have an amazing technology platform, clients that are keeping us super busy and a clear vision of where the insurance industry is going and how we can help it get there! But to do that, we need to expand our awesome team.
Our Riga based engineering team currently consists of around 20 members of various backgrounds and specialties starting from graduates to experienced engineers and consultants from big companies. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer to join our platform team.
We have a simple technology philosophy. Anything and everything should be automated.
The front-end of our platform is currently built on JS Webapps. The back-end is built entirely on Microservices architecture.
These together allow us to easily deal with the multitude of complex and different workflows that could go into selling different insurance products in different places.
Currently we get things done with Angular, Typescript, PHP, and AWS, however we don’t limit our selection to these technologies, we believe that a good engineer can rapidly pick up any technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer (PHP) who’s keen to shape how this platform and company is built.
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for large areas of delivery.
What You Will Do
- Work as part of our Product team to iterate on new internal tooling and platform feature design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance
- Develop effective, maintainable code and help others do the same by conducting code reviews and mentorship for junior team members
- Help identify areas of improvement in the codebase and contribute to improving developer experience and code quality by establishing new development techniques and coding standards
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
Technologies You Will Get to Use and Learn
- PHP 7.4/8.0, Laravel, Symfony, Doctrine, and a multitude of other open-source projects
- Domain Driven Design and event-driven microservice architecture to build our RESTful APIs
- GitHub, CircleCI, PHPUnit, PHPStan, and a range of other quality assurance tools
- MySQL, AWS S3, Redis, Elasticsearch for data storage
- AWS, Docker, Terraform for our infrastructure
- Prometheus, Grafana, and Kibana for our observability stack
Only as a team can we make our vision a reality. We offer
- A monthly salary of € 4500 – 5500, before tax
- Stock options so you own part of KASKO
- Health insurance and paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours and remote working capabilities
- Unlimited holidays (you’re responsible for your own time off)
- Company laptop
- Career development through mentorship and knowledge sharing
Shape the future of KASKO and the entire insurance industry.